Sunday, June 14, 2009

MAY 16, 2009......A WEDDING TALE ABOUT PAIRS PART 1

Now that May has blessed us, I can get back to some blogging. As I sit here and think about the two weddings on May 16, 2009 I realize how everything was in pairs. Two great brides, two great mothers, two of my favorite venues, wedding coordinators, hotel catering directors and in the end two absolutely FABULOUS WEDDINGS. First let me say Greenery Productions can produce and manage many events on the same day and leading up to the actual event date. Our one day record for weddings in excess of $5,000 each is SEVEN. We pride ourselves on making sure every detail is as promised no matter how small the detail or how large the event. On this day though, we could only manage two weddings because of the size and scope of detail of each wedding. The first was the Yacomeni wedding. I met Helen almost TWO years prior to her daughter Lindsey's wedding. I usually find it in the client's best interest to meet no earlier than 8 months out, a year if the venue and color scheme have been established. Well Helen insisted and the end result turned into a wonderful relationship plus a beautiful wedding for Lindsey and Scott. But let me say almost everything changed from the beginning so all you brides out there, don't worry if you don't start planning floral and decor earlier than a year out. The mother of the bride Helen was so much fun to work with. She would check my facebook page and blog every Sunday to see what was posted. She was one of my biggest fans for the last six months and I hope she continues to follow me. All Helen wanted was to give her daughter a dream wedding.
Bling was in order for Lindsay. With the jewels, probably the most expensive bouquet I have made to date. Hand wired japhet and cymbidium orchid blossoms with Swarovski jewels throughout.
Working with Jennifer Smith of the Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate is always a dream. And of course non other than Tracy Marini of Eventfully Yours could make any wedding more complete no matter the size or detail . Thank you both ladies, I know I asked a lot from each of you and as always you amazed me. The chuppah would later be taken apart and moved upstairs to flank the entrance and cake table. Votives from hanging glass crystals would transform each post.
Another pair here......They both loved the glass covered place card table. Crushed glass ice covers the table with an arrangement of curly willow branches, hydrangea,hand wired cymbidium orchid blossoms and dripping glass crystals.
The room absolutely was the evenings attraction. These are my images so when I get the professional ones, I am confident every detail will be evident. In the meantime, you can double click any image on my blog for a closer perspective. The tables where dressed with a flocked fortuny from Over The Top, black napkins placed atop our silver beaded belmont charges. The centerpiece standing almost FIVE feet tall was created with chunky curly willow branches, hand wired cymbidium orchid blossoms and votives hung from glass crystals. Surrounding the base was varying size cube vases filled with black gems, water and square floating candles. Thanks to the Omni team, the black chiavari chairs were moved from the downstairs ceremony site upstairs to the reception. No easy task. Then the team from BBJ Linen weaved the black lamour sashes in and out the slates tying them in loose knots in record time.
The bling was carried through to the cake from Party Flavors. A black ribbon band with a crystal broach was placed on each layer. Individual crystals were placed just so to create a sparkle that almost required sun glasses.

No comments: