Monday, March 9, 2009

MARCH 2007

Even though I work with fresh floral everyday (and cut blooming branches), I am still very much impressed by mother nature. Floral in its potted state (unlike cut that we use in our industry)is so amazing. After a long Saturday, my Sunday morning was greeted with a time change and two trees in my yard that are absolutely amazing. The top yellow tree is a Tabebuia and it has weathered the storms over the last 4 years since we planted it in our yard. The second tree which is a Peach Tree has deep sentimental value. My sister purchased it for Raul and I several years past because she knew I cherished my yard and wanted me to have something that would remind me of her (she has since passed). You must click on the two images to enlarge them to really appreciate the beauty that mother nature offers us but once a year with these two specimens. Please enjoy!
March 07 was thus far the busiest single wedding day at Greenery Productions. FIVE weddings with the first at 10AM. I have captured some images of three to share with you. Please enjoy.
Yes, that is Tracy Marini of Eventfully Yours holding the brides bouquet of hand wired green cymbidium orchid blossoms and Pink Giant mini calla lilies. My long day ended with sharing dinner with Tracy and this wonderful couple and their family from Puerto Rico and Peru. Thank you Tracy for giving me the opportunity to work with you and such a wonder couple. Our client's reception was held at Lake Lucerne which we transformed with royal table settings, tables on the porch and flanking the fountain. BBJ Linens provide chocolate linens, mahogany chiavari chairs and pink illuminated(hard to tell in my photo) centerpieces standing 4 feet tall made this room look like never before. The centerpieces included Pink Intuition Roses, three other shades of pink roses, pink mokara orchids, pink tulips and fresh Pear Blooming Branches. And a stunning cascade of green cymbidium orchid blossoms completed the wedding cake created by an aunt of the family.
Thanks to Michele with Just Marry I had the distinct privilege of working with such a wonderful client. I was also honored to celebrate the first wedding Melissa Jones of Celebration Hotel has been part of since she began just a short few months ago. The above images represent the dinner reception in the Plantation Room. Each guest table was dressed with Over The Top Linen Copper Tory linen, wood grain charger plates and an aged urn with a lush arrangement of three varying shades of orange roses, orange mokara orchids, crespedia balls, black magic roses, mango calla lilies and hypericum berries. Amber votive candles added just the right amount of romantic glow to the table setting. The sweetheart and entrance where flanked with 8 foot arrangements with authentic Florida dragonwood branches with hanging votive candles. The base was surrounded with the same lush floral as in the centerpieces. The room was washed in rust amber uplighting.
What an absolutely beautiful day for this couple to get married out doors at Celebration Park. The groom, yes the groom insisted on a lush and breathtaking ceremony setting. A funny but true story. He calls me 5 minutes before the ceremony as he is walking from Celebration Hotel around the lake and only seeing the back side of the custom arbor we built for the couple. He says, Tommy where is all the floral you promised(I am leaving out a few adjectives). I said Paul there are over 1,500 stems of floral on it. He says I don't see it. I said Paul where are you and he proceeds to tell me the above. I said trust me it is there. 2 minutes later, he calls me back and says OMG! So I guess my presence in the picture says how happy they where. The immediate picture above is a 7 foot floral tree that flanked the beginning of the aisle with the aisle framed with ivory rose petals and chairs floral sashes before approaching the breath taking custom arbor. The floral in the designs included ivory and champagne roses, ivory alstroemeria, white dendrobium orchid sprays, spray roses, camphor vine, curly willow branches, hanging green amaranthus and natural greenery. Her bouquet consisted of mini calla lilies, roses and spray roses.
Images of the personals and ceremony will follow which were all creamy yellow, ivory and pink hues. This wedding took place at the beautiful Portofino Bay Hotel. The ceremony was at the Villa Piazza with the reception following in the Venetian Ballroom. Emily and Heather of Weddings Unique coordinated the event. The ballroom was illuminated with blue colored uplights. The tables where dressed by BBJ Linen with nile blue lamour, silver chiavari chairs and a stunning centerpiece created in our nickel colored candelabras with light blue hydrangea, light and dark blue iris and delphinium and bells of Ireland. Peg votive candles in the arrangement and in clusters around the base brought the tables arrive. The square head table seating 16 guest overlooked the white dance floor. A large floral centerpiece was complimented with 4 smaller arrangements all surrounded by ivy and votive candles.

No comments: