Monday, April 6, 2009

FALL ORGANIC OPPULENCE

Exceeding Expectations Every Time is not something I take lightly. But Bridgett was a gem of a bride when she came in to see her sample centerpiece. She was accompanied by her mom, the sweetest two people I have ever met, they are like sugar in a warm cup of coffee. Bridget's expressions was wonderful, "those are my centerpieces, OMG the are much bigger than I dreamed of". Honestly, they were nice, but they by no means are the biggest we've made. Bridget and Brian Ray were married November 8th at a church in Downtown Orlando with the reception at the Rosen Shingle Creek with Jen Rosenthal. Over seeing the team and doing what she does best, Tracy Marini of Eventfully Yours was so patient dealing with me and my other 6, yes SEVEN weddings on November 8th. As I mentioned under my Jacoby blog, each wedding was as detailed as the next on this day. But a 14-16 hour day for me on Saturdays is the norm, I think I live for the thrill. And I again can't express how appreciative I am of our entire design team on days like this. The Butler and Conway Ballroom at Rosen Shingle Creek are among some of the best in Orlando. But let me tell you to move large altar arrangements and centerpieces of this size down a long endless hallway on the second floor is a task in itself. Thanks to Edmund Rhodes for these wonderful images. I promise her bouquet wasn't as big as it may appear in person. She did want a bouquet with presence. Cascading bouquet with hand wired gold cymbidum, mango calla lilies, pance mokara orchids, burgundy mokara orchids, crocosmia, coffee colored hypericum berries and natural greenery. Double click for an enlarged view, but be sure and request a close up, the colors a fall at it's best. The girls carried a handheld version minus the berries.
The beautiful Methodist Church, Downtown Orlando.
I love dressing the sweetheart table with something different than the guest tables. Sometimes rouching it is nice, but with this Burnt Sienna Floral Tinsel from Cloth Connection, you would just ruin all the fun by rouching. Likewise I love creating a single masterpiece for the sweetheart table. This wedding is no exception, although you can't see much of the grapevine log, it is an awesome base for an array floral to compliment the personals and the guest table centerpieces. Look for the grapevine log under my Lambert blog posted after this blog.
The cake table was flanked with the arrangements from the ceremony. 6 - 7' tall dragon wood trunk bases with an rich mix of pance mokara orchids, james story orchids, natural fall foliage and greenery, coffee colored hypericum berries and curly willow branches. The DJ which also provided start of the art LED lighting was by Soundwave Entertainment Systems.
The guest tables were dressed with a copper pintuck linen and Cabernet colored pintuck napkin and Mahogany chiavari chairs. The centerpieces were chunky oak branches securely attached to a moss covered base accented with glass gold, amber and espresso colored mosaic votive holders. An arrangement of pance mokara orchids, James Story Orchids, natural fall colored foliage and greenery filled the tree branches. Profesional design tip: tall centerpieces should never hinder your guest comfort and ability to converse freely across the table, you'll never find that in our designs.

No comments: