Sunday, March 22, 2009

WHEN LIFE SERVES YOU LIMES, YOU MAKE FLOWER ARRANGEMENTS

Ironically my first wedding set on March 14th is also where I ended my day. The fabric treatment on the Villa Piazza at the beautiful Portofino Bay Hotel was installed at 8AM. I returned at 4PM to help my team set up and then back at 9PM to enjoy a meal with Tracy Marini of Eventfully Yours. I like sharing my day with someone that I trust and admire and she is a kick ass coordinator to boot. The room was dressed with white house linens with white sparkle sheer overlay, apple green lamour overlay for the cake and sweetheart table, white lamour chair covers with apple green bows tied like no better than the team at BBJ Linen. I know there are other linen companies out there and they have nice stuff, but you only do this once, so let me help you do it right no matter who we choose. The centerpiece were antique green hydrangea, yellow and purple tulips, white iris and pink snap dragons all arranged in a glass vessel filled with limes.
The bride carried a 38 stem Picasso Mini Calla Lily bouquet (white with purple throats) and the female attendants carried a bouquet of hand wired yellow, green and lavender cymbidium orchid blossoms. The groom sported the mini calla lily while the male attendants wore a double mini green cymbidium orchid blossom boutonniere.
Always a favorite to decorate is the Villa Piazza. I love to different designs, but brides love the fabric canopy treatment of ivory chiffon and crested with ivory hydrangea. I did do it in lime green once and it looked amazing. Check back for something different for a May 16th wedding, I think you'll be impressed. The columns were dressed with an all ivory and white floral swag of orchids, large open cut calla lilies and white dendrobium orchid sprays. Double click on the image for a close up view.

No comments: