Sunday, March 29, 2009

E Y M

March 28, 2009 was a beautiful day to have a wedding at Rosen Shingle Creek. Liz Lebruto & Matthew Yost were introduced to me by Tracy Marini of Eventfully Yours. Getting my daily fix of Tracy seems to be the norm lately. I am grateful for all the wonderful clients I am honored to provide floral, decor and most of all sound advise to our mutual client.
Liz thought she wanted a bi-colored rose called Cherry Brandy which I absolutely love. But we had the Leonidas variety, a terracotta rose with a rusty yellow underside in our studio the day she came in and she absolutely feel in love with it. Her bouquet was the roses mixed with apricot chopin mini calla lilies. The girls carried an all rose bouquet of the same.
I always tell my design team to have fun with the sweetheart table. We combine all the elements that are used to create a unique and artistically designed arrangement for the special couple. The apple green lamour linens were provided by BBJ Linen.
The low centerpieces of 25 - 30 Leonidas Roses in an 8" bubble bowl with swirls of bear grass lining the inside.
To use seasonal floral is always at the top of my advise list. When possible try and incorporate what you can only get during certain times of the year even it will cost a little more. Our signature 28" palace vase filled with water and topped with an explosion of blooming forsythia branches really set the room on fire.
I absolutely love the Butler Room at Rosen Shingle Creek. It is like no other in Orlando. The view from the second floor is amazing and it comes alive at night.
And a view from the lower level. Just as amazing.
I often have 4 to 6 weddings during peak periods. I have an extremely talented design team, logistics and production team. I usually make it to every one of my wedding sets just to make sure all the details are as promised. Sometimes we have to make last minute changes and decisions based on various criteria. March 28th although beautiful was WINDY. So instead of wasting the rose petals on the aisle, we framed the tall centerpieces and create a lush ring around the cake as shown here from a second floor vantage point.

No comments: